Welcome to Doylestown
The Borough of Doylestown is located in the heart of beautiful Bucks County Pennsylvania and serves as its County Seat. Recognized by USA Today as having America's "best small-town cultural scene", the Borough offers a rich history, passionate community, and an eclectic mix of businesses, restaurants, and services. With world class museums, a beautifully restored art-deco theater, and a vibrant nightlife in a unique downtown area called one of America's "Distinctive Destinations" by the National Trust for Historic Preservation, Doylestown is a great place to visit, work, and live.
Doylestown has been fortunate to be recognized and awarded for some of the things that make our community special. A selection of the accolades Doylestown has received include:
- 2019: Doylestown was named “USA Today’s 10Best Small Town Cultural Scene”
- 2019: Doylestown awarded Bronze from the League of American Bicyclists.
- 2017: Philadelphia magazine named Doylestown “best fun suburban town”
- 2013: Travel + Leisure magazine called Doylestown one of “America’s [top 20] favorite towns”
- 2001: Named one of America’s Dozen Distinctive Destinations by the National Trust for Historic Preservation
- 1995: Award for Excellence in Local Government by the Commonwealth of PA
- Recognized as a Pennsylvania Birdtown by the Audubon Society